Dumas House in West Perth was constructed in the mid 1960s and is Heritage Council of WA listed. The building hastwo basement levels, a ground floor with entry lobby and support areas and 14 office accommodation levels.Over 49 years, the heat, cold, wind and rain had deteriorated the building’s exterior in its exposed position north of KingsPark, the materials had reached the end of their useful life and needed to be repaired or replaced.
and repair of the reinforced concrete sub-structure for the 14 storey State Government office building in West Perth.This work was undertaken while the building was occupied.Scope of Work:
- Spandrel panel replacement (cracking of existing concrete)
- Masonry wall restoration,
- Column, slab edge and gutter concrete repairs.
- Life expectancy of materials & durability requirements – 20years warranty for the Silane Treatment applied in multiplecoats. Protect against future dilapidation of the structuredue to the development of ASR. Manage the risk.
- Low cover issues – sometimes no cover
- Rebar treatment, patch repairs – Sika Monotop 910(250Kg) applied as part of the concrete repair process.
- Low cover barrier protection – Sikadur 33, thin coat overany visible surface exposed steel bars (isolated).
- Structural Concrete Repairs – Sika Monotop 352NFG(7m3), Sika Monotop 412NFG (13m3), Sika Monotop 436N(11m3).
- Cosmetic Concrete Repairs – Sika Monotop 723N & SikaMonotop FC (<1m3)
- Impregnation to Control Moisture Ingress (StructuralColumns) – Sikagard 706 Thixo & Sikagard 550W Elastic.Applied to column concrete surfaces after repairs and beforereinstatement of the new terrazzo stone cladding panels.New ingress controls and bottom panel venting to aidshedding of any moisture collecting behind the panels.
- Impregnation to Control Moisture Ingress (SpandrelBeams) – Sikagard 706 Thixo & Sikagard 550 W Elastic.Applied to the concrete repaired faces prior to theinstallation of the new Precast Spandrel Panels.
|Project owner||WA State Government, Department of Finance|
|Architect||Grifiths Architects, Mr Brandon PRatley|
|Engineer (Durability & Heritage Consultant)||Quoin|