UsageDavco Supamastic can be used for residential internal thin bed wall applications with porous tiles (>3% absorption) on porous substrates. Davco Supamastic can be used for residential internal floor tiling application with porous tiles (>3% absorption) on porous substrates. Suitable substrates include:
- Fibre cement sheet
- Ceramic tile underlay
- Rendered blockwork & brickwork
- Davco K10 Plus waterproof membrane (drying times will be greatly extended over waterproof membrane)
- Porcelain tiles*
- Pre-mixed / no wastage
- White colour
- Non slump
4Ltr & 15Ltr pails
Low VOC Specification for V2 IEQ-13, V1.1 IEQ-11
D1TE AS ISO 13007 Classification.
12 Months from date of manufacture.
Store in dry cool conditions out of direct sunshine.
Layer thickness shall be no greater than 4mm.
Ambient Air Temperature
Min +5°C to Max 35°C
Min +5°C to Max 35°C
Applied Product Ready for Use
Set time before grouting*
Set time before dry area service*
Set time before wet area service*
- All measurements are taken at 22°C & 50% relative humidity. Specifications vary according to site conditions and should be taken as a guide only.
- Cool or cold weather will extend drying times of premixed adhesives.
- Non porous tiles will greatly extend drying time of adhesive.
- Drying time over membranes will be greatly extended.
A 4 Litre pail will cover approximately 3m2 with a 6mm notch trowel.
A 15 Pail will cover approximately 11m2 with a 6mm notch trowel.
Select a trowel with a suitable notch size for the tile size and type as per the following:
Trowel notch size
Back buttering required
*Tiles larges than 300x300 size must be porous backed (greater than 3%).
Laying the Tiles
- Place the adhesive onto the prepared and primed substrate. Do not apply more adhesive than can be tiles within the open time of the product, usually from a single tile to 1m2.
- Hold the notched trowel at an angle of 60° or greater to the substrate.
- Spread the adhesive over the required area where tile is to be applied, comb the adhesive in a single direction (not swirls).
- Where "back buttering" the tile is required, use the flat side of the notched trowel to apply a thin adhesive layer to the back of the tile (approx 1-2mm thick).
- Place the tile into the combed adhesive and press the tile firmly.
- Move the tile forward and then back at 90° across the direction of the combed adhesive to flatten the adhesive to leave no voids under the tile. Occasionally life a tile to check the adhesive covers 90-100% of the tile.
- Remove any excess adhesive in the joints, and on the face of the tile with a sponge and water while the adhesive is still wet.
- Do not allow the adhesive to skin prior to placement of the tiles. If the adhesive skins, remove and replace.
- Application shall be in accordance with AS3958.1
- Movement joints shall be installed in accordance with applicable standards.
- Back buttering the tiles may be required to achieve minimum coverage requirements.
- Allow the adhesive to dry prior to grouting.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Clean tools and equipment with water prior to adhesive drying.