Sika® FerroGard®-710 Reba
Sika® FerroGard®-710 Reba is a zinc based discrete sacrificial anode applied to patch repairs on reinforced concrete structures which are corroding as a result of chloride ingress or concrete carbonation.
Many structures suffer corrosion damage due to the incipient anode effect following concrete patch repairs. Although the fresh mortar in patch repairs halts corrosion of the steel within, it does not deal with chloride contaminated concrete outside the patch repair which is the cause of the corrosion. This leads to further corrosion damage at the periphery of the repair.
Sika® FerroGard®-710 Reba anodes redress the electrochemical imbalance induced through removal of the corrosion process from steel in the patch. Sika® FerroGard®-710 Reba anodes corrode preferentially to the surrounding steel, protecting it from further corrosion damage.
- Sika® FerroGard®-710 Reba anodes corrode preferentially to the surrounding reinforcement, offering protection from further corrosion damage.
- Protects against incipient anode effect outside of repaired zone at the periphery of repair.
- No long term maintenance costs.
- Strengthens passive film on reinforcement.
- No rapid dissolution of activating components.
- Rapid installation—no additional break out.
- Performance can be monitored.
- Cost effective corrosion control solution.