Sika® FerroGard®-720 Reba
Sika® FerroGard®-720 Reba is a zinc based discrete sacrificial anode applied to reinforcing steel in new concrete structures exposed to attack by chloride salts.
Reinforced concrete is a porous material and as a result, exposure to chloride salts can lead to extensive chloride diffusion in to the concrete cover and subsequent attack on the encased reinforcing steel. This effect is accelerated at higher temperatures.
To counter potential chloride attack, sacrificial anodes can be placed in susceptible areas.
Sika® FerroGard®-720 Reba anodes corrode preferentially to the surrounding steel, protecting it from further corrosion damage.
- Sika® FerroGard®-720 Reba anodes corrode preferentially to the surrounding steel, protecting it from further corrosion damage.
- Large charge capacity >450 kC*.
- Works at high temperature (>50°C).
- No long term maintenance costs.
- Strengthens passive film.
- No rapid dissolution of activating components.
- Rapid installation.
- Cost effective corrosion prevention solution.
- Activating system dimensionally stable in dry (<40%RH) and saturated (>99% RH) conditions.