Prohesive Lite is a premium, flexible, light weight, polymer fortified cement based adhesive designed for a variety of tile and stone applications. Prohesive Lite can be used on both walls & floors, internally and externally.
UsageProhesive Lite is suitable for fixing tile & stone by thin-bed application. is suitable for fixing tile & stone by thick-bed application up to 15mm bed thickness. is suitable for both internal and external applications. is suitable for Wall and floor applications. is suitable for fixing large format tile & stone. is suitable for use over Sika approved acoustic mats / underlays. is suitable for use over Sika approved under tile waterproof membranes. SUITABLE TILE TYPES ARE; • Ceramic Tiles • Porcelain Tiles • Mosaic Tiles • Glass Mosaic Tiles • Natural Stone (non moisture sensitive) • Terrazzo Tiles (non moisture sensitive) • Manufactured Stone (non moisture sensitive) SUITABLE SUBSTRATES INCLUDE; • Concrete (Concrete above 35Mpa compressive strength requires mechanical preparation prior) • Compresssed Cement Boards* • Ceramic Tile Underlay / Fibre cement sheet* • Masonry • Sika undertile waterproof membranes including Schonox AB System. • Gypsum Plaster board - internal only • Sika approve acoustic underlays & mats *Refer to board manufacturers strict installation instructions for further details and load limits.
AdvantagesSingle Part mix only with Water Internal & Extenal use Wall & Floor use Can be applied on early aged mortar beds / Screeds Excellent coverage compared to typical cement based adhesives Excellent performance with large format tile and stone Light weight technology Excellent non slump properties Easy to spread Multi use applications flexible S1 performance non combustible Low VOC
13.5kg bags / 64 Bags per Pallet
Cement, light weight aggregates, polymers and special additives.
12 months from date of manufacture
Store off ground in dry cool conditions for maximum shelf life (high humidity will reduce shelf life).
C2TES1 Class adhesive AS ISO 13007
Tensile Adhesion Strength
≥1 N /mm2
Transverse Deformation: S1 ≥2.5mm >5mm
Skid / Slip Resistance
AS ISO 13007.2:2010
5.5 - 6 Litres of water per 13.5kg bag
Ambient Air Temperature
+5°C Min / 35°C Max
+5°C Min / +35°C Max
3 hours at 23°C and 50% RH
30 Minutes at 23°C & 50% RH
Applied Product Ready for Use
Grouting on Walls
Grouting on Floors
Full Use / Traffic
Values determined at laboratory conditions: 23°C, & 50% RH.
Higher temperatures will reduce wait times and lower temperatures will increase times.
Notched Trowel Size
Approx coverage per bag
6mm Notched trowel
10mm Notched trowel
Consumption is alway dependant on the substrate suface profile and roughness, and application technique.
Pour the clean cool water into a mixing container and gradually pour the Prohesive Lite powder into the container and stir with a slow speed mixing drill (approx 500 RPM). Mix for 2-3 minutes to a smooth lump free homogeneous mix. Allow the adhesive to stand (slake) for 5 minutes then restir for an addition minute. Do not add more water. Restirring the adhesive may be required during its pot life.
Tiles shall be fixed in accordance to with AS 3958.1-2007.
• Ensure the backs of tiles are clean and free from dust and contaminates.
• Apply the adhesive to the substrate with the appropriate sized notched trowel to achieve coverage requirement on both substrate and the back of the tile. Tiles may require back-buttering to acheive minimum coverage requirements.
• Apply the adhesive with a notched trowel in a single direction. Apply the tile, while pressing into the wet adhesive, break the adhesive ridges with the tile to fully bed the tile into the adhesive.
• It is advisable to periodically check the backs of the tiles for adhesive coverage requirements as the AS3958.1-2007.
• Only apply as must adhesive that can be covered prior to adhesive skinning. If skinning occurs remove and replace with fresh adhesive.
• Remove any excess adhesive from the face of the tile with a damp sponge and ensure grout joint are of uniform depth.
• Movement, expansion and control joints must be installed as per AS 3958.1-2007.
• For tile over tile applications, existing tiling must be adequately cleaned prior to application. Ensure existing tiling is sound and free from defect. Prime existing tiles with Prep n Prime and allow to dry. Gloss or polished tiles must be mechanically prepared prior to priming with Eco Prep n Prime.
CLEANING OF EQUIPMENT
Tools and and equipement can be cleaned while adhesive is still wet.