UsageDavco V Flex is suitable for internal & external for both wall and floor applications. Suitable Substrates include;
- Concrete minimum 6 weeks old
- Screeds minimum 7 days old
- Fibre cement sheet
- Compressed cement sheet
- Rendered block or brickwork
- Approved Sika / Davco waterproof membranes
- Slate & Quarry tiles
- Good coverage
- Good bond strength
- Low VOC
20kg Bag / 64 bags per pallet.
Off white powder with rubber crumb particles.
5.8 - 6.4 Lires of clean potable water per 20kg bag.
Maximum layer thickness shall be no greater than 10mm.
Layer thickness refers to the total bed thickness once the adhesive notched are completely flattened by the tile.
Ambient Air Temperature
Min +5°C to Max 35°C
Min +5°C to Max 35°C
Applied Product Ready for Use
Set Time before grouting
Set time before dry area service
Set time before wet area service
All measurements are taken at 22°C & 50% relative humidity. Specifications vary according to site conditions and should be taken as a guide only.
A 20kg bag will cover approximately 7m2 with a 10mm notch trowel.
Select a trowel with a suitable notch size for the tile size and type as per the following:
Trowel notch size
Back buttering required
400x400 and over
*Tiles with lugs or uneven backs
*As above dependent on size
- Measure the required amount of clean potable water into a bucket (5.8 - 6.4 Litres per bag).
- Slowly add the powder into the water while mixing with a mixing paddle attached to a drill (Max 500 RPM). Do not mix by hand.
- Continue to mix for 2-3 minutes until a smooth, limp free creamy mixture is achieved.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes then restir for an additional minute.
*Adhesive may need restiring during the potlife, do not add more water.
Laying the Tiles
- Place the adhesive onto the prepared and primed substrate. Do not apply more adhesive than can be tiles within the open time of the product, usually from a single tile to 1m2.
- Hold the notched trowel at an angle of 60° or greater to the substrate.
- Spread the adhesive over the required area where tile is to be applied, comb the adhesive in a single direction (not swirls).
- Where "back buttering" the tile is required, use the flat side of the notched trowel to apply a thin adhesive layer to the back of the tile (approx 1-2mm thick).
- Place the tile into the combed adhesive and press the tile firmly.
- Move the tile forward and then back at 90° across the direction of the combed adhesive to flatten the adhesive to leave no voids under the tile. Ocassionally life a tile to check the adhesive covers 90-100% of the tile.
- Remove any excess adhesive in the joints, and on the face of the tile with a sponge and water while the adhesive is still wet.
- Do not allow the adhesive to skin prior to placement of the tiles. If the adhesive skins, remove and replace.
- Application shall be in accordance to AS3958.1
- Movement joints shall be installed in accordance to applicable standards.
- Back buttering the tiles may be required to acheive minimum coverage requirements.
- Allow the adhesive to dry prior to grouting.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Tools & equipment can be cleaned with water prior to the adhesive drying.